What Is Industrial Heat-Treating?
Heat-treating is used to alter the physical and/or chemical properties of ferrous and non-ferrous materials through selective heating and/or cooling. These metallurgical changes often involve changing the material’s strength, hardness, and ductility. Heat-treating temperatures often occur above 950°F (510°C).
On a practical basis, heat treat ovens are used in the manufacturing of fasteners, shafts, welded assemblies, steel plates and structures, aluminum ingots and extrusions, and many other materials and products. Heat treatment processes include the following:
Heat Treatment Techniques
- Case Hardening
- Hydrogen Embrittlement Relief
- Solution Heat Treating
- Stress Relieving
HeatTek designs and manufactures thermal process equipment for most of the thermal processes listed above. For over 65 years, HeatTek's experience in building heat treat ovens serves a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive, electric motor, and foundry.
Heat Treat Oven Features
HeatTek designs and manufactures heat treat equipment with a range of features which may include:
- Custom sizes ranging from small box-type ovens to large car-bottom or drop-bottom furnaces
- Baskets or rail cars that are manually operated or power-driven
- Electric, direct gas-fired, and indirect gas-fired heating systems
- Single or multi-zone heated chambers
- Temperature range up to 2,000°F, with close tolerance uniformity
- Touch screen operator interface
- Data acquisition systems for logging critical process information
- Heavy gauge steel shell construction with lightweight, energy-saving insulation
Options for our heat treat ovens include electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic door operation, view windows and ports, sealed chambers with CO2/argon atmosphere, quench tank, PLC control, automatic tray and basket handling, data management, and factory control integration.
Heat Treating Services
We make it our job to understand the heat treatment industry and provide solutions for your manufacturing challenges. Our staff works with each client to select the heat treat oven configuration that will best meet the client’s application requirements. HeatTek offers expert installation services and maintenance services, so you can be assured your industrial oven or furnace will perform at maximum efficiency and effectiveness. We offer repair services to keep your thermal equipment running in top condition.
Aftermarket Services & Spare Parts
We provide aftermarket services and spare parts for all industrial heat-treating ovens. We offer a reliable source of high-quality replacement parts and components for industrial heat-treating ovens manufactured by HeatTek and other manufacturers. Through our extensive industry experience, we understand the importance of repairing your equipment as fast as possible to minimize production downtown and our dedicated spare parts team is ready to help you.
Types of Spare Parts include:
- Combustion components: burners, flame rods, regulators, igniters, and pressure switches.
- Conveyors, chains, fixtures, and tooling
- Electrical components: fuses, relays, switches, and controllers.
- Drives, motors, and transmissions.
- Fans, blowers, and air kits.
- Pumps, valves, nozzles, and pipe fittings.
- Insulated panels, and insulation.
HeatTek is committed to manufacturing the highest quality industrial heat treat ovens, supported by superior customer service and industry expertise. Contact us today to see how we can solve your manufacturing challenge.