What Is Aluminum Solution Treatment?
Aluminum Solution Treatment is a process of heating and rapidly cooling an aluminum alloy to the desired solid solution. During the heat treat process, the aluminum alloy is heated until the alloy constituents dissolve into a solid solution within the aluminum base material. Once the desired solution properties have been reached, the aluminum alloy is quickly quenched to lock the dissolved elements in the solution matrix.
Aluminum alloys suitable for heat-treating are composed of 2-11% other elements including copper, zinc, silicon, manganese, and magnesium. These additional elements provide the alloy with the desired mechanical properties when subjected to the proper heat treat process.
Aluminum Solution Heat Treat Furnace Benefits
HeatTek’s industrial aluminum solution heat treat furnaces come with top of the line technology that provides the following benefits:
- Meets or exceeds Aerospace, Military and Automotive specifications including AMS 2750, AMS 2770, AMS 2771, AMS 2772, BAC-5621, B917/B917M, B918/B918M, RPS-953 and NADCAP AC1702
- Temperature range up to 1200°F (649°C)
- Gas fired heating systems (Direct & Indirect) and electric versions
- Variable speed (electromechanical or hydraulic) hoist system
- High velocity recirculation air system
- Quench tank with high agitation (water or polymer (PAG) quenchant)
Applications for Aluminum Solution Heat Treat Furnaces
HeatTek has experience in providing innovative aluminum solution heat treat furnaces for a wide range of applications in many industries, including:
- Aluminum Casting
- Recreational Vehicles
- HPDC Heat Treatment
- Titanium Heat Treatment
- Tube, Bar, Rod and Plate Extrusions
- Consumer products
- Aluminum Mill Equipment
Aftermarket Services & Spare Parts
We provide aftermarket services and spare parts for all industrial aluminum solution heat treat furnaces. We offer a reliable source of high-quality replacement parts and components for industrial aluminum solution heat treat furnaces manufactured by HeatTek and other manufacturers. Through our extensive industry experience, we understand the importance of repairing your equipment as fast as possible to minimize production downtown and our dedicated spare parts team is ready to help you.
Types of Spare Parts include:
- Combustion components, including burners, flame rods, regulators, igniters and pressure switches
- Conveyors, chain, fixtures, and tooling
- Electrical components, including fuses, relays, switches and controllers
- Drives, motors and transmissions
- Fans, blowers and air kits
- Pumps, valves, nozzles and pipe fittings
- Replacement insulation and panels