What Is Aluminum Solution Treatment?
Aluminum Solution Treatment is a process of heating and rapidly cooling an aluminum alloy to the desired solid solution. During the heat treat process, the aluminum alloy is heated until the alloy constituents dissolve into a solid solution within the aluminum base material. Once the desired solution properties have been reached, the aluminum alloy is quickly quenched to lock the dissolved elements in the solution matrix.
Aluminum alloys suitable for heat treating are composed of 2-11% other elements including copper, zinc, silicon, manganese and magnesium. These additional elements provide the alloy with the desired mechanical properties when subjected to the proper heat treat process.
Aluminum Solution Heat Treat Furnace Benefits
HeatTek’s top of the line technology provides many aluminum solution heat treat furnace benefits including:
- Meets or exceeds Aerospace, Military and Automotive specifications including AMS 2750, AMS 2770, AMS 2771, AMS 2772, BAC-5621, B917/B917M, B918/B918M, RPS-953 and NADCAP AC1702
- Temperature range up to 1200°F (649°C)
- Gas fired heating systems (Direct & Indirect) and electric versions
- Variable speed (electromechanical or hydraulic) hoist system
- High velocity recirculation air system
- Quench tank with high agitation (water or polymer (PAG) quenchant)
Applications for Aluminum Solution Heat Treat Furnaces
HeatTek has experience in providing innovative aluminum solution heat treat furnaces for a wide range of applications in many industries, including:
- Aluminum Casting
- Recreational Vehicles
- HPDC Heat Treatment
- Titanium Heat Treatment
- Tube, Bar, Rod and Plate Extrusions
- Consumer products
- Aluminum Mill Equipment