Aging Oven Product Information
Aluminum Aging is the process of aging or hardening aluminum to the desired physical properties for the application. This process, also known as age hardening or precipitation hardening is typically performed between 250°F (121°C) and 400°F (204°C).
HeatTek’s Aging Ovens are custom designed to meet the application's exact requirements. Durable construction, high-velocity airflow throughout the chamber and state of the art controls insure the oven will meet the industries toughest MIL-Spec and industry standards.
Aluminum Aging Oven Features
HeatTek’s Aluminum Aging Ovens are offered with these features:
- Aluminized steel construction provides long life with low maintenance
- Process time and temperature are accurately controlled. PLC control with an HMI is available.
- Data acquisition for monitoring multiple locations within the chamber are available with paper or digital recorders
- Standard maximum temperature rating is 500°F, however, ovens can be ordered for 650°F, 800°F and 1,000°F rating
- All Aluminum Aging Ovens are certified for temperature uniformity prior to shipment and as a service, this certification can be performed by HeatTek Service Technicians at your facility.
Aging Oven Modifications and Rebuilds
HeatTek can rebuild or enhance the performance of Aging Ovens that have been in the field for an extended period of time. Upgrades or refurbishment can include a new operator interface, new control cabinet, new door seals, new motor bearings and gas train repair or replacement. HeatTek will transform the equipment to “like new” conditions providing additional years of service at a comparatively low cost.
Oven Application & Industries
HeatTek designs and manufactures Aluminum Aging Ovens to your application’s specific requirements. Factors considered include product size, product weight, required heat source, temperature uniformity, control requirements, facility requirements, and safety considerations.
Aluminum Aging Ovens are used in the manufacture of aluminum components for many industries including:
Aluminum Aging Ovens Support Equipment and Services
HeatTek offers the following additional products and services with its Aging Ovens:
- Fire Protection System
- Ambient Air-Cooling
- Chilled Air-Cooling
- Startup Service
- Preventative Maintenance Service
- Spare parts
Contact us today to learn more about our aluminum aging batch ovens.